Saturday, September 5, 2009

Post 11 ... It Won't Be Long

Well, I was super busy at work yesterday and spent most of my time conducting experiments in our engineering lab, which sadly has no iPod hook-up, so I couldn't listen today at work. But like I briefly stated in a post from my cell phone this afternoon, I did finish the US Beatles albums, and out of all of The Beatles albums, US and UK, Yellow Submarine is still easily my least favorite and Abby Road is still my favorite. But I am warming up to some others ... Please, Please Me, for example, is a really solid record that I wouldn't have given much of a chance if I wasn't on this Beatles fast; so for this I am thankful. Also I did really enjoy the two CDs of UK singles released in the US, Yesterday ... and Today and Magical Mystery Tour--tons of classic songs on both albums. Magical Mystery Tour has some of my favorite Beatles songs on it; how can you go wrong with "Fool on the Hill" and "Strawberry Fields"?

On another note, I saw a list from EW on the best and worst Beatles songs, and this has inspired me to make a comprehensive list ranking all of the songs from top to bottom, so look for that toward the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment