Thursday, September 3, 2009

Post 8 … Hello, Goodbye

In doing my research and diving deep into the fine details of all things Beatle--reading background stories behind albums, tracks, recording sessions, life stories, ect.--I found myself in a “not seeing the forest for the trees moment." There is so much music and so much information that it is hard to imagine that The Beatles got all of this done in a period of about just over seven years (longer in reality, but from the world's perspective this is pretty close as it is the period of time between the first and last UK album releases). Not to mention the touring, the making of movies, the spiritual quests to India, and simply living their lives. It astonishes really, the effect they had on the world in such a short period. It might be a stretch, but the four of them probably will have had the biggest influence on the human race after Mohammed, Jesus, Shakespeare, and thr Buddha. Maybe this is what John meant when he said The Beatles were bigger than Jesus.

It made me wonder what in the hell have I been doing with my life up until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment