Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Post 14 ... The Night Before

Ahhhh... The Beatles: Rock Band comes out tomorrow, as well as the reissues.  The box set of the reissues may be a must-buy for me at some point, but I NEED Rock Band tomorrow, so the box set may have to get relegated to a birthday request--October 12th.  I am very excited about this game for a couple of reasons: 
  1. I have been a huge Rock Band fan since it came out, and I have been faithful to it (not buying Guitar Hero World Tour, for example).
  2. This is the first Rock Band edition that will be sure to have only fantastic songs on it. 
  3. Singing back-ups!!! Heck yea!!! 
  4. I have heard that they will be releasing all of the albums as extra packs for download. Starting with Abbey Road!!! 
So if I don't have a post after about 4:30 PM tomorrow you will know why.

On another note I got through all of the extra songs that were not released on proper albums today (Anthology, Past Masters, etc.), for a total of 604 songs; obviously there are duplicates between the US releases and the UK releases, but I can assure you, duplicate or not, over the past 8 days I have listened to each song at least once. This totals 1 day, 2 hours, 13 minutes, and 41 seconds of music (and talking in some cases) according to my iTunes playlist. Since I have evaluated all of the songs in the context of the records they are on, I have decided to make a playlist with no duplicate tracks so that I can evaluate all of the songs independently of the songs they are sandwiched in between--barring the first and last tracks of each album I guess; this will definitely help in building my best of the Beatles list.

I have also decided that while doing this best-of list that I will determine scientifically and once and for all if I am a Paul or a John guy. (I have unscientifically considered myself a Paul guy for a long time... but so far my research may be pointing toward the fact that I may have been living a lie my whole life).  All of this to come ... in the "End."  (Which then leads into "Her Majesty." Oops, that's only in my head--I have been listening to a lot of The Beatles.)



No comments:

Post a Comment